We’ve been online selling only natural stones since July of 1998.
Here we try to answer some of the more common questions we receive.
Are your stones natural?
How do I know you're a real company?
Read our independent reviews. We think its very important to have unedited reviews of our business practices from our clients. All of these reviews are collected by outside organizations, We’ve seen some companies list anonymous reviews or a few sentences in quotes from outside parties, but does make you wonder why they don’t give you access to the full unfiltered content.
Are the photos I see of the actual stone I'm interested in purchasing?
What is heat treatment and how does it affect the value of a stone?
What are certified stones?
- American Gem Trade Association – AGTA
- American Gem Lab-AGL
- Asian Institute of Gemological Sciences – AIGS
- Canadian Gemological Association – CGA
- The Gemological laboratory of Cisgem- CISGEM – Italy’s best known gemological lab
- European Gem Lab-EGL
- Gem and Jewelry Institute of Thailand – GJIT
- Gemlab.net – Well-equipped Liechtenstein-based gem lab
- Gemmological Association of Great Britain
- Gemmological Association of Australia
- Gemmological Institute of India – GII
- Gemological Institute of America – GIA
- Gubelin Gem Lab – Site of the world-renowned Gubelin Gem Lab
- IGE – Instituto Gemologico Espanol – Spanish gemological institute
- LabGem – Portuguese gem laboratory
- Laboratoire francais de Gemmologie
- Swiss Gemmological Institute (SSEF) – One of the world’s top gem laboratories
Why aren't all stones certified?
What are appraisals and how should I choose an appraiser?
An honest and accurate appraisal/certification of your stone should be an independent one. Don’t be afraid to ask.
As Simply Sapphires is a member of the AGTA, the AGTA prohibits its members from certifying/appraising internally, because of the obvious confict of interest issues that could occur.
What if I don't like it once I receive it?
Do you have a showroom?
Do we sell settings?
How To Contact Us
P.O. Box 1281
Wappingers Falls, NY 12590